Is 5 your favorite number? Does your daily routine include any 5 things? If so, you may want to hear about a particular diet plan that is centered on the number 5.
The 5-Factor diet is, as you guessed it, is centered on the number 5. According to the proponent of the diet, Harley Pasternak, you will never go hungry with the 5-factor diet.
So, what is it about the number 5 and why is it the core of this diet plan? Good thing you asked because I will explain it to you in this article. Here is all the important information you need to know about the 5-factor diet:
- Everything you do x5. The 5-Factor diet is called as such because you will basically have to do everything in quantities of 5. The diet requires you to eat 5 times a day, eat meals that have 5 ingredients, do regular physical activities (5 sets of 5-minute exercises for a total of 25 minutes, done 5 times a week).
- The Five Characteristics of food that should be in your Diet. Since this is the 5-factor diet, you need to have at least 5 of these basic food characteristics: Protein, Complex Carbohydrates, must be rich in fiber, contains healthy fat, and fluids (water with no sugar content).
- 5 Cheat Days. Every successful diet should also have room for cheat days. The 5-Factor diet is good for 5 weeks total (according to Pasternak, it only takes 5 days for people to get acclimated with this diet plan so they can continue after that time frame). This also means that there will be 5 cheat days in total. You can gorge on everything you want to eat so long as it doesn’t exceed more than 3,000 calories.
- Learn and Study the Glycemic Index. The Glycemic index is a healthy guideline for people so that they can regulate their blood sugar levels. The 5-Factor diet also requires you to be familiar with the Glycemic Index so that you will know which foods (especially carbohydrates) can be healthy for you in the long run.
- Rest and Exercise should Always be Included. Time and again, rest and exercise are always advocated to be included in any diet plan. Exercise helps you be fit both physically and mentally and it also increases your muscle mass as well as it boosts your metabolism. Rest is also needed so that your muscles will have time to grow and it will also reduce cortisol levels in your body.
Just like any other diet, the 5-Factor diet should be a way of life. Harley Pasternak said that 5 weeks is all it takes for people to adopt this diet plan as a way of life. Well, that is entirely dependent on the person trying the diet plan, but that is the gist of this particular diet.
This diet is easy to follow, provided that you will eat the 5 different foods groups that are required for you to eat. Even Hollywood celebrities have tried this diet and had major weight loss success with it.
Again, if you like anything that has 5 in it, you may want to try the 5-Factor diet (or just try it because it just works).